Thursday, November 09, 2006

Sick Baby/Random Things



Hi everybody! I just wanted to blog a little update about life at Casa de Lawhon. Things have been very, very hectic and even a little stressful the past week. Monday morning I woke up not feeling good at all. I had the whole runny nose, sore throat, ear ache, headache combo. I was supposed to have a dr's appointment that morning for my post-partem checkup but I had to have Keith call and cancel it...I thought I was dying :)! Just my luck, I made my baby boy sick. That was about the worst feeling I've ever experienced. He can't breathe and he just looks at me so sad when he's trying to eat and can't. On a lighter note...I think I can finally join the "Mommy" club. Last night I was getting him ready for bed and he got cold when I changed his diaper so I picked him up to snuggle him for a second. He pooped all over me! That was a first. He's been peeing on me since day 1, but last night was *special*! :) Now if this were somebody else telling the same story I would think that's gross, but to me it was the funniest thing.

I took him to the doctor yesterday but there wasn't much they could do for him. They just told me to give him saline drops and that should clear it up. His doctor was soooooo nice though! I was so pleased with how he treated the baby. He loved on him and played with him and even took his time with him. Maybe that's not a big deal to those of you in the states who have *real* doctors, but those who have experienced military healthcare know what a blessing that was. Oh, and my little porker weighed 10 lbs. 6 oz. He's such a little piggy!

Our digital camera has been acting up a lot here lately, so I couldn't take a picture of the boy on his 1 month birthday. But I did get one today. Close enough, huh? I hope it is fixed now. I really don't know what happened. All of a sudden the pictures had lines running through them, but today it miraculously healed itself.

Things with our move are getting to be a little difficult to deal with. We had our housing pre-inspection Tuesday morning. They told us everything we had to fix before we leave. There is quite a bit of work to be done and precious little time to do it. Keith is off tomorrow, so we plan to work on the house over the long weekend. We also have to get all of our suitcases packed and our house in order for the movers, who are coming Tuesday. I'm stressed about making sure I pack the right things for the right shipments and also keep back everything that we will need while in transit. I guess if it were just me and Keith I wouldn't worry as much, but with the Boo-Boo being here now I worry about him having everything he may need or want. Luckily he is not old enough to need or want toys. I tell you what though, those first few days without a swing are going to be hard. He loves his swing, which is great for me.

We are also very stressed about our dogs. We would really like to find a good home for them here, to save all of us the stress of PCSing with pets. But, Oki-mix's are a dime a dozen here. Nobody wants them. I guess we will just bring them with us. But then, that creates a whole new set of problems like what to do with them when we go home for the holidays and what to do with them until we get housing in Missouri. We are really praying for God to open a door here. We are very limited on time though. We have to make our final decision about them by Monday.

Well, my Tater Bug is awake and hungry so I better go play cow for a while. :)



0 Thoughts from friends:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin